Hey guys. We’ve been slowly picking things up here again after a bit of time off and some travel. Back home, we’ve been enjoying the warmer weather, spending some time walking around the streets of East Nashville, breathing deep. I hope you checked out our commandments, which give a good sense of what to expect in 2013 as we grow. We’ve been lining up some awesome artists for our In Their Own Words and Nashville Five features, and brainstorming on our next Lockeland Lunchbreak event – which we’re thinking about making public this go-around. Would ya come? Tell us.
Tonight, I’ll be getting out to Shovels & Rope and Andrew Combs at Mercy – and Kopecky Family Band w/ Rayland Baxter on Saturday, also at Mercy. Emily will be hitting The Weeks on Saturday at the Stone Fox: tickets are still available for that show, so snatch them up. Their debut full-length, Dear Bo Jackson, is dropping 4.30. Check out the teaser here.
Need some other ideas? Here’s what’s coming up, along with some other tidbits from the wide world of Nashville music news…
– If I could clone myself, I’d send the other me to see St. Paul and the Broken Bones tonight at the Basement at 9:30 pm, and catch their soulful, southern, orchestral sound. Watch the video for their song “Broken Bones and Pocket Change” after the jump. Be prepared to be blown away by singer Paul Janeway’s pipes – and, plus, he’s wearing an Orioles hat. Go Baltimore.
– Brooklyn neo-soul & blues-rock outfit Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds will play at Mercy Lounge 2.22 in support of their latest album, Pound Of Dirt.
– Local’s The Wild Feathers have announced a southern residency tour – and are playing The High Watt 2.13, 2.20 and 2.27. Look out for more on those guys here soon, and watch their video for their tune “Backwoods Company” here.
– There’s a new Brendan Benson song, “Oh My Love,” streaming here via Lag Guitars.
– Country singer-songwriter Corb Lund plays the Exit/In on Saturday. Check out his videos here, complete with zombies.
– Kelsey Waldon, who appeared on here yesterday with her Nashville Five, has a Daytrotter session.
Watch St. Paul and the Broken Bones‘ Broken Bones and Pocket Change” :::