– Got Monday plans? Why not spend it with Kings of Leon‘s Jared Followill and Mona‘s Nick Brown, where they’ll be signing copies of their debut record as duo Smoke & Jackal, EP NO. 01, over at Grimey’s. And listen to their tune “Ok Ok” here. Ok? Ok.
– Speaking of Grimey’s, Mike Grimes and his wife Mindy just welcomed a new baby boy into the world. Congratulations, parents! And congratulations man, you just inherited the world’s best record collection.
– Want a free Jack White “I’m Shakin'” poster? Hurry over to Third Man Records, where they are giving them away while supplies last.
– With Your Friends Festival is expanding. (I.e a night which will be known to me as With Your Couch and Not Going Outside Festival).
– Catch Rayland Baxter on Daytrotter.
– The Black Keys and RZA have a track together, which is dear to my heart for many reasons, one being that my highschool nickname was “RZA,” which my friends shouted when I walked across the stage to get my diploma at graduation. Life in late 90’s Manhattan, folks. Hear “The Baddest Man Alive” here.
– Tomorrow is the 100-year anniversary of Shelby Park, and they’re having a party –a pickin’ party.
– Think the duo singing at the Bluebird Cafe at the end of the Nashville premiere sounded familiar? Maybe a little like the Civil Wars? Well, that’s because the song was written by John Paul White and recorded originally by the half-Nashvillian duo. Watch them play the tune, “If I didn’t Know Better” here: