Hey friends, I apologize for the quiet week. It’s been a bit of a wild one with deadlines and such – and far, far too much caffeine. Followed by far too much red wine, in an attempt to counteract the coffee. Big thanks to Woodland Wine Merchants, Baritsa Parlor and Ugly Mugs. I couldn’t have done it all without you. Anyway…
– Majestico, a band living in Nashville by way of Texas, make surfy rock with Doors licks and Television scruff. And they are releasing a new 7″, Love Is God, this Saturday at the Groove with a humdinger of a party alongside Ranch Ghost, The Promised Land, and Western Medicine. Free beer! 4 p.m. on Saturday.
– Ben Folds Five played the Ryman this week, and all kinds of Ke$ha and Wayne Coyne special guest weirdness ensued. Clearly those two are living together somewhere out in Bell Buckle, dropping acid every day and watching cartoons with one hand in the cookie jar. Invite me, please.
– In other Ke$ha news, Patrick Carney and Coyne are going to be on her upcoming record. And, congrats on your wedding, Pat Carney!
– Pokey LaFarge, my favorite dapper riverboat throwback, has been added to Old Crow Medicine Show’s New Years Eve Ryman gig.
– New venue the Stone Fox is officially open tomorrow.
– Yukon Blonde is playing the High Watt 10.27. Watch their video of the song “Stairway”: