– The excellent San Antonio quartet Hacienda is making a Nashville stop at Grimey’s for an in-store on 9.8. The band recorded their recent record, Shakedown, with Dan Auerbach at Easy Eye Studios. Hopefully this appearance will lead to another larger nighttime gig in town. In the meantime, check them out on Daytrotter, and watch the video for their tune, “Savage,” after the jump.
– Yesterday, Special Olympics (an organization I personally have worked with and support wholeheartedly) announced the lineup for the 25th annual A Very Special Christmas album series, to be released 10.16. Mayor Karl Dead, Train’s Pat Monahan, Tim Shriver, Special Olympics athletes and more gathered at Blackbird Studios to unveil the record cover and artist lineup which will include Christina Aguilera, Michael Buble, Dave Matthews, Train, Jason Mraz, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Cheap Trick, Natalie Grant, Sidewalk Prophets and Jamie Grace. The albums are the highest-grossing charitable record series in history. Read about the impact.
– Poor Moon, the outfit of ex-Fleet Fox Christian Wargo, Casey Wescott, and brothers Ian and Peter Murray, is hitting the High Watt on 10. 26. Their eponymous debut will be available on CD, LP and digitally on 8.28 via Sub Pop and for pre-order now at Sub Pop.com, iTunes or Amazon.com.
– Bands: apply to showcase at SXSW.
– Nashville has the top music scene in the country. And, the sky is blue.
Watch Hacineda’s “Savage”: