– Let’s talk about The Belcourt for a minute. Particularly about specific happenings at the theater: one, tonight’s the night for Shut Up And Play The Hits, the documentary following LCD SOUNDSYSTEM’s last concert at Madison Square Garden. Tickets are still available for the 10:00 pm showing, and the 7:00 pm is sold out. (PS, there’s an after-party, too). Two, you can catch the Mumford & Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros documentary The Big Easy Express for free on Monday. If you don’t know about the film, you can read my American Songwriter review here.
– Brendan Benson is has announced the launch of Readymade Films. Watch the trailer here. There will be a kickoff party on 8.4 at the Basement, with a DJ set from Benson, a screening of his live film and a performance by The Howling Brothers.
– Diarrhea Planet are playing with The Weeks on 8.3 at Mercy Lounge.
– Wild Cub will play for free tomorrow at Aloft Hotel in Cool Springs. Because how else would you ever end up at Aloft in Cool Springs? Check out some new Wild Cub music over here at the excellent e-boutique Thompson Fifteen.
– RACES are playing the High Watt with Saint Motel on 8.1.
– JEFF The Brotherhood played David Letterman yesterday, video after the jump. Aside from Letterman making a pretty good crack about Dress Barn, it was amazing to see how last night, in between sets at the 5 Spot (which, mind you, included an appearance by Hayes Carll) everyone turned to stare at the boys playing “Sixpack” on the bar’s television, watching with the sound off. That’s hometown support, for you.