– While Hacienda aren’t from Nashville (they hail from San Antonio, TX) their new album, Shakedown, was produced by our very own Dan Auerbach at his Easy Eye Studio. I describe their sound as fully southern, surf-infused style which melds retro-pop sensibilities with a penchant for garage fuzz. Don’t let that pairing fool you—Hacienda’s infectious tunes trade rough guitars for catchy, smartly-formed grooves with just enough Texan grit. We got our hands on an early copy of Shakedown a few months back, and it’s been in constant rotation. Pick up your own copy at Grimey’s or the Groove, or stream here.
– Karen Elson is joining new-to-the-Third-Man-family man Beck on a Fleetwood Mac cover.
– Imogene + Willie‘s Supper & Song is tomorrow, and they’re hosting ULTRAS S/C and local favorites The Ettes . ULTRAS S/C (which stands for Social Club) is the new outfit of Jemina Pearl (Be Your Own Pet), Chet Weise (Immortal Lee County Killers & Quadrajets) and Ben Swank (Soledad Brothers and co-founder of Third Man Records). Bring your blanket and your appetite for Mas Tacos. Festivities start at 6.
– Starting today, you can pre-order the new JEFF The Brotherhood here. The band will release their Warner Bros. Records debut, Hypnotic Nights on 7.17. Included with the pre-prder is a koozie, bumper sticker and button.
– Nashville Fiver John Henry & the Engine have a new video for their song, “Spinning Wheel.” Watch after the jump.