– Last night was the first of a two-night Jack White / Alabama Shakes run at the Ryman. I did a review for American Songwriter. In short, it was rocking. Though cell phone photos were not a allowed, I copped a quick snap of the Shakes’ setlist, at left.
– If you aren’t going to the second night of the JWIII Ryman run, here’s where you should be: Caitlin Rose and Rayland Baxter at Imogene + Willie‘s second Supper & Song of the season. Show up at 6 p.m., dock your lawnchair, snag some Mas Tacos and enjoy the beautiful weather and music. I went to I+W’s last Supper & Song with Karen Elson, and there’s simply few better ways to appreciate how unique and special Nashville can be. Rose’s “Own Side Now” is an obsession from 2011, and Baxter is a new one. Be there.
– We absolutely also love Robert Ellis, and I hope you took our advice to see him at the Basement on Monday. Local musician Wess Floyd has a show recap on his blog. Bellwether also has a recap of last night’s M83 show.
– Tauk will play Nashville 5.23, with a gig at the Basement.
– Nashville’s Sixpence None The Richer are releasing a new LP on 8.7 called Lost In Transition. Apparently you can also stream the new single, “Radio,” on Perez Hilton, but I can’t bring myself to link to that site. Sorry. You know where to go.