– Sol Cat will be joining AJ & The Jiggawatts as they celebrate the release of their newest ’45 at the Basement on June 1.
– Elizabeth Cook, according to her Twitter, is making a gospel record: “Can’t believe Im sayin this, but I’m in RCA studio Making a Gospel EP! Holy hell,” she tweeted today.
– ELLE gets hip to Heavy Cream.
– Prefix has some photos of Nikki Lane‘s NYC show last night, with Spiritualized.
– D. Watusi is hitting the road with The Paperhead, which will include a 7.5 stop in Nashville at a location TBD.
– Imogene + Willie‘s next supper and song will be 5.16, an sweet consolation prize for anyone who didn’t scoop up tickets to Jack White and Alabama Shakes that night.
– If you’re gearing up for the next East Nashville Underground (May 18-20) be sure to add Monday’s free preview party at the High Watt to the agenda. Acts will include The Gills, The Future, Bear Cub, Brandon Jazz & His Armed Forces, Frances & The Foundation, Blackfoot Gypsies, The Black Shades and Kiernan McMullan, and a chance to snag your East Nashville Underground wristband.
– Tonight, tonight: here’s what is playing (plan the rest of your week here – and listen to many of the bands playing this evening here on Spotify). We’re keeping it local at the 5 Spot for some good music and two-dollar beers.
|8-May||Amy Ray||8:00 PM||3rd and Lindsley|
|8-May||*||2 Dollar Tuesdays: Stephen Simmons, Chris Altmann, Andrew Leahey, and Mike & The Moon Pies||9:00 PM||The 5 Spot|
|8-May||Sons of Bill with W.B. Givens and Kelsey Waldon||9:00 PM||The High Watt|
|8-May||The Basement’s New Faces Nite||8:00 PM||The Basement|
|8-May||Adelitas Way w/ Art of Dying||8:00 PM||Exit/In|
|8-May||*||Strange Boys, William Tyler, and Denney & The Jets||9:00 PM||The End|
|8-May||Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real||9:00 PM||12th and Porter|