Nashville is welcoming two esteemed visitors today: John Cusack and Vice President Joe Biden (who gets huge kudos for this). Welcome, gentlemen. Perhaps you’d like to partake in our music news, served with a boombox held up high over our shoulders (in your baby blues eyes, Mr. Biden, the light, the heat…):
– Baltimore’s Wye Oak will play Mercy Lounge on 7.16 – we’ll update you when ticket details are available. Listen to their shivers-inducing song “Holy, Holy” here.
– Rolling Stone has a stream of Cory Chisel‘s new song, “I’ve Been Accused.”
– The country issue of American Songwriter is out, which includes coverage of many great Nashvillians including The Civil Wars (well, 1/2 Nashvillian), Andrew Combs, many country stars and a piece penned by yours truly on Todd Snider.
– Godspeed You Black Emperor hits Cannery Ballroom on 10.12. On sale Wednesday at 10 a.m.
– Young Hines has a new official music video for his song “Can’t Explode.”
– Deer Tick paid tribute to MCA.
– Jake Owen got hitched, then detained by police.
– Don’t have tickets to Jack White next week? Nashville Scene is giving a couple away.
– Danish Synth-popper CALLmeCAT is playing The End on 5.30: she just released a new video for her tune “Sunny Day,” which you can watch below: