Happy Monday, Nashville. Hope you had a weekend filled with sunny skies, smoking grills and beautiful sounds. Some newsy bits to kick off the workday, with lots of show announcements:
– Talk about planning ahead: First Aid Kid, comprising two Swedish sisters Johanna & Klara Söderberg who make folk music, have announced a show October 5th at 3rd & Lindsley. It’s a long ways off, but grab tickets Friday and you’ll be glad you had the good sense. Follow the jump to watch a video of their song “Ghost Town.”
– Death Cab for Cutie will play the Ryman on 7.17. Tickets go on sale Friday, 5.4 at noon here. And tell Ben Gibbard that life post-Zooey is going to be a-OK.
– Lost in the Trees have announced a summer tour, including a stop on 6.23 at 12th and Porter.
– Also at 3rd & L: Canon Blue, Paper Route and Half Noise on 6.24, on sale now.
– NPR says Carrie Underwood‘s gone bad.
Watch the video for First Aid Kit’s “Ghost Town” here:
Photo by Ami Sioux