– Get your tickets for The Ettes at The High Watt on 6.14, available now over at Grimey’s. $9 cash, and Grimey’s says this is a special low price. Thus, act fast. While you are there, grab David Lynch Foundation “Music That Changes the World” 10″ box set – now in stock.
– Lee Ranaldo Band with members of Sonic Youth play Mercy on 5.18 – and will now be joined by PUJOL.
– I checked out the film Big Easy Express last night as part of the Nashville Film Festival (it’s a doc about Mumford & Sons, Nashville’s Old Crow Medicine Show and Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros on a train “bound for glory”) and then I wrote about it for American Songwriter. While you are over there, read this interview with the legendary Doc Watson. And win tickets to see Jessica Lea Mayfeld on May 1.
– Anderson East has a new track, “Flowers of the Broken Hearted”: listen here
– Bonnaroo makes Travelocity’s ‘Top 10′ festivals list
– Jack White news item of the day: his Unstaged live show is tonight.
– Vogue wrote up Karen Elson‘s Supper & Song performance
– The Nashville Symphony is headed to Carnegie Hall with NPR.