– It’s Record Store Day on Saturday, but how’s your hair? The excellent salon Parlour & Juke is offering a special deal to encourage vinyl sales at local shops and simultaneously nice looking ‘dos: bring in a receipt from any record store in 4.21 and get a free product in return.
– PUJOL’s on the (web) pages of Rolling Stone: catch his new track, “Reverse Vampire,” here. It debuted on the site today.
– Also over at Rolling Stone: Karen Elson‘s video for her Record Store Day cover of “Milk and Honey.” And there’s my cue to go listen to the Ghost Who Walks on loop all day. Again…
– Jesse Marchant, a.k.a. JBM, is playing a gig on May 25th at the Basement with Damien Jurado.
– Paste has put out a Best 25 Songs of the Year So Far type of list thing (because April 19th is as good a day as any to take stock?) and Jack White‘s “Love Interruption”‘s got spot #7. Speaking of White: download the new issue of FILTER‘s good music guide to read my review of Blunderbuss. Or grab a hard copy at your local Urban Outfitters or other establishments.
– The Civil Wars were on GMA: check the video out here.
– RIP Dick Clark. New Year’s Eve will never be the same. Check out a story on his country roots on Billboard.com.