– We love us some Caitlin Rose, so were happy to see a video showcasing her take on the Arctic Monkeys “Piledriver Waltz” surface this morning. The track is part of a special 7″ Record Store Day offering from Domino, which will be backed with Arctic Monkeys cover, “Love is a Laserquest.” The very cool video is directed by Nashville’s Will Holland.
Catch Rose April 21st as part of the diverse lineup at Vanderbilt’s Rites of Spring, along with Wiz Kalifa, Sleigh Bells, Chancellor Warhol and more. She’s also in the studio recording a followup to her debut, Own Side Now. Check out the video after the jump.
– For those of you headed to the Deer Tick / Turbo Fruits show on April 24th at the High Watt, here’s now a reason to get to Cannery Row early: a Diamond Rugs listening party beforehand, heralding the record’s release.
– Yeasayer is coming back to Nashville June 22 at Cannery. Tickets here.
– Jack White will be streaming Blunderbuss in its entirety tonight on iTunes (here is the streaming direct link), and will be livestreaming a performance at our olde city of NYC’s Webster Hall on April 27, via American Express Unstaged. The event will be directed by none other than Gary Oldman.
– Moon Taxi have premiered a video for the song “Mercury,” filmed entirely on an iPhone.
– A documentary on musicians of East Nashville is looking for artists, and funding on Kickstarter.
– Sweet, Caroline! Barry Manilow is coming.
– In music row news, Carrie Underwood is on the cover of Billboard.
Caitlin Rose takes on “Piledriver Waltz”: