– Grassy Knoll Movie Nights are back this Sunday with…drumroll….one of my all-time favorites, Labyrinth. There is simply little in life better than David Bowie and puppets, together. I actually used to dress up as Bowie, as he appears in this movie, when I was but a tiny tyke. It included a lot of socks (see the movie if you haven’t, and you’ll understand). I didn’t know why at the time, but I learned later why my mom would laugh so, um, hard. Next to Bongo Java on 11th street in East Nashville, $5/head, $4+can (for Second Harvest), $1/kid (12 and under). Sundown. (and follow the jump for a video from the film, of the song “Magic Dance”).
– To be filed under my continual “I love you, Tony Bourdain” file, Anthony hits BBQ with the Black Keys in this video. Woodyard BBQ, to be exact. The episode, on Kansas City, will air on the Travel Channel on April 16 at 8 p.m.
– If you are so inclined, 10 tickets were just released for this Saturday’s Kevin Costner show at Exit/In.
– Moon Taxi will be joining the Tedeschi Trucks band on April 29th at the Ryman. The show is already sold out, but if you already have tickets, enjoy the new addition to the lineup.
– Norah Jones‘ Ryman gig goes on sale tomorrow at 10 a.m.
– The Tennessean ran this super weird article on “where to spot hipsters in Nashville,” and included various record stores and such. I can only chalk this up to being an overdue April fools joke. Right? Hooray for journalism!
David Bowie preforming “Magic Dance” from Labyrinth: