Today’s weather: cold. Today’s record: our Spotify mix. Tonight’s music: below.
* BMI, Bonnaroo and Nashville Scene present 8 off 8th: Road To Bonnaroo 2013 featuring Andrew Combs, Blackfoot Gypsies, Hanzelle, Little Bandit, Ranch Ghost, Ravello, Shannon Labrie and Vinyl Thief. Mercy Lounge, 9 p.m ::: I find this Road to Bonnaroo to be one of the most excruciating of all. I couldn’t imagine spending time in Manchester without any of these guys. We’d never go so far to pick favorites – as you might know, we’re against that sort of thing on here – but I’d urge you to spend a little time with Andrew, Little Bandit and the rest of the roster and decide for yourself.
* Broncho with Beach Day. The High Watt. 9 p.m ::: if you can’t bear to play favorites at Road to Roo, head to the High Watt instead for spare, 70’s rock and roll revivalists Broncho, whose music might feel most at home in a long-gone CBGB, back when the bathroom was a disased shithole and not a John Varvatos dressing room.
* Jeffrey James at the Basement. Serious blues-and-soul chops wrapped in pop sensibilities from this Nashvillian by way of Brownsburg, IN. Get clapped and stomped out of this crappy cold day.
* Nashville Jazz Orchestra plays its weekly spot at the Commodore Grille tonight at 6pm $10.
* Distance from Home w/ Young and Heartless at the Owl Farm. 7 p.m.