- First he partners with Third Man, and now Dwight Yoakam is crediting Beck with providing the necessary nudge to record a new album, 3 Pears, out on September 18th. New Bob Dylan, new Dwight Yoakam, all in September. Sedation time, Nashville.
- Speaking of Dylan, the Wallflowers have been added to Live on the Green’s lineup.
- Joy of Painting is playing 12th & Porter next week, 7.26, with Kansas Bible Company, the Man Power and the Slants. A very secret source tells us to expect some special intermingling of bands (as well as some new tunes from JOP soon). Buy your tix here.
- Will Hoge demonstrates what happens when you write a #1 song without a publisher, and therefore have no exterior grass in front of your publisher’s building on Music Row on which to stake a sign.
- So, there’s a petition to get Grimes to play Grimey’s. Here’s what the letter looks like:
I just signed the following petition addressed to: Fans of Grimes.
Get Grimes to play at Grimey’s
I love Grimes, but I’m not eighteen, so I can never go to her shows. This petition is for Grimes to come and play an in-store at Grimey’s! It’s so frustrating to hear about shows playing near you, and never getting to attend because of age. Even if you aren’t under eighteen, sign that you’ll come to what would be an amazing show! Many fantastic bands have played at legendary Grimey’s, and I know everyone involved would love it! Please do whatever you can to help me get Grimes and Grimey’s on board!