It was so hot this weekend that, because of heat rising and all, hell would have actually been in the heavens (and you have my permission to turn that into a heavy metal song and/or album title, anyone). Now on to music news…
- Those boys of Natural Child sure are prolific: they’re releasing a new LP Hard In Heaven on 9.11. This is their second record this year (For the Love of the Game came out in April). So old-school Ryan Adams of them! Listen to the title song here.
- Catch our first ever Nashville Five featured band Joy of Painting tonight at Mercy Lounge’s 8 off 8th.
- Alberta Cross (and Everest) are coming to the High Watt on 7.16, one day before their release, Songs of Patience, is out on ATO Records.
- Ring in Independence day with reverb, fuzz and harmonies: Moon Taxi, The Apache Relay, Elenowen, Humming House and Cherub will play Lightning 100′s Independence Rocks concert tomorrow. It’s tomorrow beginning at 5 pm at the Tin Roof, and details are here on the event’s Facebook page. On the actual 4th of July, you can catch the Nashville Symphony and some serious pyrotechnics along the Cumberland at Let Freedom Sing. Speaking of the Apache Relay and Lighting 100, catch a video they did together after the jump.
- American Songwriter has a profile of Turbo Fruits.
- LA psych-rockers RACES hit the High Watt on 8.1
Watch the Apache Relay’s “Tongue Tied”: