Good morning Nashville. It’s Karen Elson and Jack White‘s daughter Scarlett‘s birthday – the future model and rock star turns 6 today! Happy birthday Scarlett, enjoy the black and yellow cake…and this music news:
- Check out this Radio Louisville session featuring Sugar & the Hi-Lows. The duo of Trent Dabbs and Amy Stroup also help to kick off the 2012 season of Musican’s Corner at Centennial Park on Saturday. Here’s the whole run down for the day: 3 PM Escondido, 3:45 PM Afinke, 4:30 PM Sugar & The Hi Lows, 5:30 PM Fisk Jubilee Singers at the main stage; Lightning 100 Acoustic Stage performances by Punchinello, Rayvon Owen and Anderson East, in between main stage acts. There will also be food trucks, beer and sweat – it’s gonna be 90 degrees outside.
- Want to be a part of Kopecky Family Band‘s first music video? Show up at Mercy at 4 p.m. and you can be.
- Explosions in the Sky are playing the Ryman on 6.27. (FYI in honor of the Explosions in the Sky issue, us FILTER writers picked our favorite instrumental tracks. Here are the results. The Allman’s “Jessica” was a close 4th behind Zepplin, but Zappa was an easy first place).
- So long, Station Inn: beginning 6.11, The Time Jumpers will move their weekly shows to 3rd & Lindsley. every Monday night at 9pm. Follow the jump to watch a video of a Time Jumpers performance with special guest Keb Mo.
- Metric also play the mother church on 9.14. Stream their first single”Youth Without Youth” off their 6.12 release, Synthetica, here, The band has been dropping hints all week to fans about an impending song release, and now the song is available for purchase on iTunes.
- Local three-piece folk outfit Neulore hit 12th & Porter on 5.24.
- Grass Widow hit FooBar on 6.6t w/ Heavy Cream. Listen to their tune “Goldilocks Zone.”
Watch The Time Jumpers with Keb Mo: